Spread the Word
Fight injustice with knowledge. Flood Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Buzz, and the blogosphere with news and information on the Irvine 11. You can:
- Join the Facebook group.
- Tweet about the campaign. Use the hashtag #irvine11 – example: “Stand with the Irvine 11 against injustice: www.irvine11.com #irvine11″
- Host an event at your college campus, your mosque, your church, your library. Start a discussion; educate people on the situation and the fight for civil rights in this country.
- Email your family, friends and community about the Stand with the Eleven campaign. Give them quick, easy tips on how they can help. You can find a sample email below.
On February 8, 2010, protestors at the University of California-Irvine spoke out one by one during a speech by Israel’s ambassador to the United States, Michael Oren. They did so to give voice to the people silenced by the policies of Oren’s government. After their protest, they faced a crackdown from their university, which suspended the organization that many of them belonged to, the Muslim Students Union. And now they face unprecedented criminal charges from the Orange County DA.
They need your support.
>> Ways You Can Help <<
- Sign the petition.
- Call or email the DA to voice your concern. His number is 714.834.3600.
- Voice your support: call your favorite radio station, write a letter to your local newspaper, comment on an article.
- Educate others through blogs, social networking websites, word of mouth, etc.
For more information, visit the Irvine 11 website!